Sometimes our PC starts to experience troubles that cannot be solved using a short and fast solution. So today we are focusing on how to fix There Was A Problem Resetting Your PC error. Get it? For example, if you cannot update your system or OS, or the BSOD will not go away, any virus or malware infection or even trouble to start your Windows, sometimes these errors need a huge change in your PC to get resolved. So, if any of these problems occur to your system or multiple errors occur at the same time, you can always choose to reset your PC. This method will for sure resolve your error, is quick as well as suitable.
Now if you are facing an error saying ‘There was a problem resetting your PC‘, your PC would not reset properly. This article will help you to Resolve the ‘There Was A Problem Resetting Your PC’ error. Get your PC completely reset now by solving the error.
- 1 6 Ways To Fix ‘There Was A Problem Resetting Your PC’ Error
- 2 Final words
6 Ways To Fix ‘There Was A Problem Resetting Your PC’ Error
In this article, I have mentioned some of the best ways, you can use to get rid of the ‘There was a problem resetting your PC’ error. Try using these ways and see which one works for you the best. There is always a reason why this error is shown by your Windows, you will understand the causes of the error as well. So, there are 6 solutions to get rid of the error.
Way 1: Use The System File Checker:
If your PC has some of its system files corrupted, there are chances that you will face this error. But, you can fix the error simply by using the System File Checker, an inbuilt tool in Windows OS to repair any corrupted files. You can follow the given steps to use it:
- Open the Command Prompt in your Windows by searching for it. You should run it as administrator by right-clicking on it and choosing to run it as administrator.
- Then type the command sfc /scannow and run it. This will scan your system for any corrupt files and it will repair if any corrupt files are found.
- Now after the scan is over (it might take some time), restart your computer and reset it again.
If this does not work, do not worry, here are more ways to try.
Way 2: Disable REAgentC
REAgenTC is a Windows Recovery Environment tool, which might cause a problem while resetting your PC. So, you can reset it and then reset your PC by following these steps:
- Open the Command Prompt and run it as administrator by right-clicking on it and choosing to run it as administrator.
- You need to run two commands one after the other now:
- reagentc /disable
- reagentc /enable
3. Now reboot your PC and reset it.
Way 3: Rename The System and Software Registry
- For this, open and run the Command prompt of your PC as the administrator.
- Type and run these commands one by one:
- cd %windir%\system32\config
- ren system system.001
- ren software software.001
Now reboot your PC and reset your PC after it has rebooted completely.
Way 4: Use A System Restore Point
Using this method, you can take your system back to a particular time, and then there will be no problem if you want to reset it completely. This method is completely reliable and it is not dangerous for your system in any way. The procedure is:
- Search for system restore and select the Create a restore point option.
- You will see System Properties. Here, you need to click on the System Protection tab and then on System Restore.
- The next step is to click on Next.
- You have to choose a point a time where you want your PC to go back to. Click on Next.
- Follow the instructions you see on your screen and then restart your PC after completing the process.
- Try to reset your computer now.
Way 5: Taking Help Of A Bootable CD Or USB Stick
This is another way to reset your computer successfully without facing any error. You simply need to a Boot-up CD or USB stick and you will be able to reset your PC using the following steps:
- Go to the official website of Microsoft to install the Windows 10 file and make a boot-up CD or USB stick.
- Put in the USB Stick or the CD and then select the Reset option.
- You will see some instructions on your screen. Follow them and reset your system.
Way 6: Using Windows Defender Tool To Refresh Your Windows OS
Windows Defender is mainly used to scan your system for any kind of malware or virus infection but it can prove useful while you are trying to reset your PC as well. You can refresh your Windows OS using the Windows Defender. However, you should back-up important files before using this method as you might lose some of your data. After that, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open the Settings on your PC.
- Go to Update & Security.
- You will see either Windows Security or Windows Defender on the left side. Click on it.
- Now there will be an option to Open Windows Security or Windows Defender Security Center, click on that.
- Then go to Device performance & health by scrolling down.
- In the Fresh start section, click on the Additional Information option.
- Afterward, click on the option named Get Started.
- Follow the instructions you see on your screen to refresh your system and then try resetting it again.
I have mentioned some of the best ways to solve the error that says ‘There was a problem resetting your PC’ in this article. I hope you can eliminate the error and reset your PC using any of the ways mentioned.
If none of the ways mentioned worked, you can perform a clean install of your Windows OS again as there can be a serious problem with your current OS. Then your PC will work effortlessly.