A lot of times, we delete some important messages mistakenly and then regret it. Since there is no option of recovering deleted messages from Facebook, so, it might seem like it is not possible at all to retrieve deleted messages from Messenger. But with the advancement in technology, it has become easy to recover any deleted data. In this article, I have mentioned how to retrieve deleted messages from Facebook in detail. I am sure you will be able to get your important messages back using one of the following ways.
Retrieve Deleted Messages From Messenger
Now that you have lost your important messages, here are some of the best ways you can use to get your messages back. I have mentioned some very simple techniques you can use to get back your deleted Facebook messages.
I know you have tried every possible way you knew to retrieve those messages but after reading this article, you will be able to do that as one of the below-mentioned ways will surely work for you.
1. Download Your Data From Facebook:
Though deleted messages permanently get deleted once deleted from the messenger, still you can try this. Facebook appears to save messages deleted by you for an unknown time removing them completely and permanently from their servers. If you realized you deleted important messages by mistake in a very short time, you can get your messages back very easily.
You can follow these simple steps:
- At first, move to the settings option in your Facebook application.
- Then choose the option which says Your Facebook Information.
- Now click on Download Your Information and then select View to see the options.
- Here you will see different options to select how you want your downloaded data. Choose the format you prefer.
- Then you can select and deselect which you want to and do not want to download respectively. Make sure that the messages option is selected.
- Now you have to click on Create File after which Facebook might ask you for your password and a file will be created to save your installed data.
- After the download is complete, you will get an email with your data on your registered email account.
2. Connect Your Device To PC To Retrieve Deleted Messages:
Connect your android device on which you use Facebook most often to your computer via USB cable to get back the messages you deleted by mistake. Steps are:
- Find the Internal Storage or SD card storage of the device connected to your PC through the PC itself.
- Select the data folder from the Android folder.
- Then you see an option called com.facebook.orca in the data folder, click on it.
- After that, click on Cache and then fb_temp.
- Now you will be able to see the messages you want to recover most probably. You can recover them very easily following the simple steps you are attempted to follow.
3. Check The Archived Messages:
It might also happen that you are not able to see some of your messages because you have archived them. Those are not deleted, you just have to unarchive them in the following way to get them back:
- Look for the name of the person via the search bar with whom you want your conversation back.
- If you find them and could not see them previously in your inbox, then the conversation is archived.
- Then select the chat and Unarchive it to get it back in your inbox.
4. Use the File Explorer Of Your Device:
There is always a copy of your data stored in your device’s memory and you can get your messages from there. You can do this as follows:
- Go to the File Management Application of your android device.
- Now go to the storage option.
- Afterward, find and open the folder named Android.
- After that click on the Data folder.
- Then in the data folder, choose Cache and then fb_temp folders.
You might get your messages right in your device in case they are backed up in the android.
5. Use A Third-Party Application:
If you cannot retrieve your messages in the above-mentioned ways, you can try using a third-party app to do the same. These kinds of applications are designed using special algorithms and they can help you get your deleted data back.
You do not even have to do much as these applications usually work on their own. Third-party apps support retrieving all kinds of deleted and misplaced data including text messages, photos, videos, documents, and other file types. You can even preview before getting your data back.
I have tried to explain one of these applications that you can use to recover your deleted text messages.
- Download the Stellar Data Recovery for Android. You can use this app to retrieve all kinds of lost data.
- Now you can connect your device to your PC and install this application on your computer as it is very compatible with Windows OS.
- Then start the application. You will get all your data in just a click.
- After the process is complete, you can export the retrieved data and you will get a pdf of the recovered data. And you will be glad to see your lost conversations.
This was just an example. There are plenty of similar applications you can try using and recover your data in no time.
Some of the best ways you can use to retrieve your lost or deleted messages from Facebook Messenger back are mentioned in this article. You would be able to get your messages in one of the mentioned ways. I hope this article helped!