Whether it is about sharing cute pictures, funny reels, your art or simply watching interesting ideas and content shared by millions of others, Instagram is the place to be. And with such amazing features being added with every update, the audience is often spoilt for choice. Similarly, Instagram DM offers not just chatboxes, but also voice calls and video calls. In this article, we will tell you about, how to recover deleted Instagram messages in different ways.
- 1 Is It Practically Possible To Recover Deleted Insta DMs?
- 2 How to Recover Deleted Instagram Messages?
- 3 Online Instagram Deleted Message Recovery Sites
- 4 Conclusion
Is It Practically Possible To Recover Deleted Insta DMs?
Do you ever find yourself trapped in a certain situation where you accidentally hit the delete button on a message? Even though the new feature of being able to delete a risky text you just sent is a good saver, retrieving it back can be a task. So is it really impossible to recover deleted Insta DMs?
No, it isn’t! Even if there isn’t one single magic button to bring it all back, there are a variety of methods that can help you retrieve your deleted messages on Instagram DM. There are Instagram direct message recovery tools and software but they aren’t really a safe option.
Since Instagram hasn’t provided regular backups of messages, it is necessary to know how to recover deleted Insta DMs. Although they are removed from the app, they are still available on the servers and that’s how you can recover those deleted texts.
How to Recover Deleted Instagram Messages?
Now let’s get right down to the point. Below are a bunch of solutions to deleted messages regardless of the time and quantity. Even though there are a number of ways to retain deleted messages from Instagram, we’d advise you to start with the easiest possible solution.
1. Ask Your Friend or Recipient For The Message Snaps
You should definitely start by asking the sender or the recipient for screenshots of the messages before you head on to more complex ways of acquiring the deleted Insta DMs. If they still have the chat, your work’s been made easier. So first ask your friend to share the snaps of messages and keep them saved in your storage.
2. Using Download Data Feature
This is basically the feature provided by Instagram in such cases. Whenever you delete something, it stays intact in the Instagram servers, despite being erased from your device.
Thus Instagram has a feature that lets you download all the shared data onto your device storage including everything from texts to pictures and videos. There are a few steps to follow :
1. Visit Instagram’s website in the browser. You can only access it on the website and not on the app.
2. Once you have logged in, move to the profile section in the right corner and then click on settings.
3. In the settings, you have to choose the ‘privacy and security’ option and then scroll down further below to find the ‘data downloads’ option.
4. Next you have to request download from the option and then you will be asked to verify your credentials. So fill in your account credentials and verify.
5. You will now be asked to provide your email address. Once you do that, a link will be forwarded to you with all the account data on Instagram.
6. Then click on next, and fill your password once again. Now Instagram will forward an email to the registered email with all your data.
7. In the mail, download the data into your phone storage. Go through the data to find the messages and you may have to unzip the data if it comes in a zip file.
8. Recover all that you want from this file.
It may take a little time to get a response from Instagram so hold tight!
3. Recover Deleted DMs From Connected Facebook Account
The next technique to use is your Facebook account where your Instagram DMs also get stored. You can find your deleted Insta DMs on your Facebook inbox by following a few simple steps :
1. Log in to your Facebook account and click on the messages icon in the top-right corner.
2. Click on the menu option on the left side of your inbox.
3. Click on the Instagram Direct icon and you can find your Insta DMs in there.
4. Third-Party Tools to Recover your Deleted Messages on Instagram
Just like there are apps for everything these days, there are apps to recover deleted Insta DMs as well. These apps attempt to grab your cache data to retain those deleted texts. There are a few good tools for this purpose that come with a set of instructions to follow.
1. U.fone For iPhone – This is the ultimate data recovery software designed just for iPhones which can also be used on laptops ( windows and mac ). Following the right instructions can allow you to recover all sorts of data including texts, notes, pictures, etc.
2. Fonelab For Android – Similar to the last one, this software is made for android devices to recover anything you’ve ever lost accidentally. It allows you to recover data from many different apps.
Online Instagram Deleted Message Recovery Sites
Instagram is one of the most well-established companies in the world and breaching their security cannot come easy.
Although there are many Instagram messages recovery sites online that claim to get you those deleted texts super soon, it is usually a scam. It is managed by hackers who will misuse your Instagram credentials by hacking into your accounts.
The dm recovery sites may seem legit to look at but are actually very dangerous, so steer clear of them.
So these were the different techniques you can use to recover deleted Insta DMs. Even if some of them are a bit tedious to carry out, with some patience, you can get back all the deleted data in no time. We hope you stay safe from scam websites and follow proper instructions to get the work done. Take care!