If you are annoyed by someone on Facebook Messenger, This guide will help you with different ways on How to Delete, block or remove someone from messenger easily.
If you use Facebook as your primary Social media platform, then you must have Messenger too. Facebook messenger is an amazing chatting app. It is simple, light, versatile and convenient at the same time. Unlike, Whatsapp, Instagram or other texting apps, with Facebook Messenger you can reply to any conversation without opening the application. This allows you to perform multitasking even on smartphones with less ram.
Other than that, there are also tons of different features that Messenger offers such as sharing photos, videos, documents, performing voice or video calls, voice messages, locations, money transfers, etc. However, all these features are for creating a better relationship, but what if you want to end one.
Well, people at Facebook thought about it and implemented several independent features on Messenger. In this article, I will tell you about Different ways to remove someone from Facebook Messenger.
How to Remove Someone from Messenger
Let us start with the Mildest one-
1. Mute a Contact
One of the biggest reasons, we want to block a particular contact is because of all the annoying Notifications you get. No matter how much you ignore it, the ting sound really starts to annoy after a while. You open your phone expecting an important reply but instead you get some boring meme shared in by someone you hardly know.
However, that’s not the worse. Have you been in a situation where you turned on your phone’s data or just randomly connected to public wifi? And then suddenly, your phone started tinging for the next 60 seconds, thanks to the 100 group messages you are not even interested in. It is situations like those, you need messenger’s Mute feature.
To mute a particular contact or group in messenger,
- First, open the contact you want to mute.
- Now click on the information icon on the top.
- Scroll down to the Notification menu, and click on it.
- Here, click on Mute conversation to turn it on.
- Select the amount of time you want the message to be muted and click on OK.
Doing, this will mute that particular conversation. Now, every time the other person sends you a message, you won’t get any notification. Also, don’t worry as the other person will not have any idea about their chat being muted.
2. Ignore a Contact
Ignore is a recently added feature in Messenger. Once you Ignore a contact, you won’t receive any message notification from the contact. But unlike Mute, once you Ignore someone, the conversation will move to the Message Request section.
What’s a message request Section? Whenever a random person sends you a direct message, that message is sent to Message Request Section and you get a New Message Request. The same will happen when you will turn on the Ignore feature for any of your contacts. The best thing about this feature is that even after ignoring, the other person will still be in your facebook friend and they will have no idea about it.
- Start by opening the conversation of the contact you want to Ignore.
- Now, click on the i button at the top right corner.
- Under information, scroll down to get to the Ignore Message option.
- Click on Ignore Message and then Ignore.
3. Delete a Contact
Believe it or not, but cluttering is probably the biggest drawback messengers have. Whether it is your friend or just a random guy, if you get a message from them, and you accept the message request, A new chat will begin. And, eventually, you have a huge list of unwanted chats and people. On messenger, by deleting such chats, you can remove them from the list, but maintain the contact.
To delete a conversation
- Open Messenger app on your Device.
- Now, go to People, or simply tap on the people icon, on the bottom of your screen.
- Under people menu, click on the contact option at the top, (the book with a face on it).
- Here, choose any contact you want to remove and click on the i button right next to the contact.
- Select Remove contact, then click Remove.
Do keep in mind that removing contacts, doesn’t remove any conversation with that person. To remove the conversation, you will have to delete it. To do so,
- First, open Messenger on your device.
- Under chats, scroll down to the contact of which you want to delete the conversation.
- Open the chat and click on the i button on the top right.
- Now, tap on the three dots, on the top right of the screen and select Delete conversation then Delete.
Once, you have deleted the conversation, that person will be removed from your Messenger.
4. Unfriend Someone on Messenger
Unfriending contact is also a way to get rid of someone. But even after unfriending somebody, you can still chat with them like you normally do. Unfriending somebody will remove them from your friend list and if your account is private, they won’t be able to see your profile and activities on facebook.
To unfriend a contact from Messenger,
- In Messenger, open the conversation of the person you want to Unfriend.
- Now, click on the i button and then click on Profile.
- Then click on view profile on Facebook.
- Here, tap on Friends and click on Unfriend.
You can also choose the Take a Break feature, which allows you to restrict a contact authority related to your website. If you want to learn more, click here.
5. Block a Contact on Fb Messenger
Well, if you want to get rid of someone totally, you can choose to block that person. Once you Block a contact, the contact will not be able to text you on messenger. And they will lose all their privilege as your friend on messenger. But if you chat on a Group with that contact in it, you both will be able to see each other messages.
So, if you want to get rid of someone totally x2, then block them on Facebook. Once you block someone on facebook they will automatically get unfriend and they won’t be able to text you anymore. Blocking somebody also restricts that person from accessing your Facebook account and see your profile as long as they use the same Facebook id.
To block someone from the messenger,
- Simply go to the contact’s conversation you want to block.
- Then click on the i button on the top.
- Scroll down and then click on Block. Here you can Block that contact on Messenger or Facebook.
- Just click on the button on the right and select Block to Block somebody.
Also Read: Best Facebook Captions for your Pics
The Bottom Line
So, these were 5- Different Ways to remove or restrict someone from Messenger. I hope these methods were useful for you. If you have any queries, feel free to mention them in the comments.