If you are YouTube-obsessed of this generation, chances are you religiously follow some popular YouTubers and often go back and watch your favorite videos. But sometimes, your favorite YouTuber has to take down some of their videos for multiple possible reasons. Maybe the video got copyright strike or received a lot of hate comments, or for violating YouTube’s Community Guidelines. Resulting in a takedown of their video, and now you cannot watch it anymore. Maybe you loved that video way too much, or the video consisted of some important information you wanted to go back to. Well, the good news is, there are some chances to get those videos back. So in this article, we are going to discuss how to watch deleted YouTube videos.
How To Watch Deleted YouTube Videos?
Of course, you wanna re-watch the one video you really loved by your favorite YouTuber, but unfortunately, the YouTuber took it down for some reason and now you wanna know how to watch deleted YouTube videos. Well, it’s not impossible to watch it even after it’s taken down. Below mentioned are some ways you can regain access to those videos.
1. Using URL
So not everyone may know but certain websites can help you get access to deleted material on the internet. One such website is the Internet Archive, which literally holds billions of pages of archival material from the internet.
You can easily find the deleted YouTube video. But the thing here is that you will need to get the URL of the YouTube video. In case, you don’t have an idea where to get it from. You may visit the YouTuber’s social media pages where they may have shared the link to the video when the video originally came out or visit your Browsing History.
Simply copy the URL from there and paste it on archive.org. Having trouble understanding the steps? Well, to make it easier for you, we have mentioned below the step-by-step instructions on how this method works.
- First, all you need to is get the URL of the video by the ways mentioned above.
- Next, visit Internet Archive and simply paste the URL onto the page.
- Internet Archive will search for the link on their website.
- Once it’s completed, you will be able to see the information of the video.
- You will also be able to see a download button, which will save the video on your device.
- Once the video is downloaded, you can watch it on your device whenever you want.
2. Manual Search
If you do not have access to the URL of the video there’s another way to regain access to a deleted YouTube video. You can manually search for the said video on Google, assuming the fact that someone else might have reuploaded the video either on YouTube or any other platform.
The chances of this happening are quite low. But if you are looking for a deleted video of a really popular YouTuber, chances are many other people have re-uploaded the video. All you need to do is,
- Visit Google’s homepage and enter the video title.
- Make sure the title mentions the name of the YouTuber as well.
- Once the results show up switch it to the Videos section.
- There you will find all the videos available with a similar title and one of them possibly the video you were looking for.
- The search result will show up not only YouTube videos but also if video with such titles are available on any platform on the internet
- This should help you in finding the video you are looking for.
3. URL/YouTube Notifications
Sometimes videos are not deleted but just unlisted from the Upload section of the YouTube Channel. You will see a small icon that says unlisted under such videos. You may not be able to find the video on their channel but can easily watch the if you either have the URL of the video.
But in case you do not have the link. Another thing you can try is visiting your YouTube Notification. For this method to work you will need to have pressed the bell icon on their channel to receive a notification each time they post a video. Implementing this method is very easy, follow the instructions below to find the video you are looking for
- Open YouTube app or website on your Computer/Phone.
- Make sure you are logged in from the account you have pressed the bell icon with.
- Simply, click on the Notification icon on top of your screen.
- Scroll down to the day when the video was uploaded.
- You will be able to see the video title and thumbnail.
- Simply, click on it and you will be able to watch the video now.
4. Become A Member Of Their Channel
Many times it occurs that certain YouTubers do not delete but switch the video to members-only content. If you are not aware of what does becoming a member means. YouTube provides the option to YouTubers to keep a monthly membership on their channel with different prices and perks.
The perks would include exclusive videos, streams, personalized stickers, and membership badges. Other perks vary for different YouTubers.
Only a person who monthly pays a certain amount (varies with different YouTubers) will get to watch the content and not the general public. If you cannot find the video on their channel, you may find the URL of the video either from their social media or your browsing history.
One way to find out if the video has been turned to members-only is to visit that URL and see if it says “Join this channel to get access to members-only content”.
In this case, you will need to buy a monthly membership of their channel to watch that video. Don’t know how to buy a channel membership? For that, we have listed the steps making it as easy as possible,
- Open YouTube app or website on your computer/phone.
- Login to your Google account, you won’t be able to buy the membership without logging in.
- Once you are logged in, visit the YouTube channel you wish to be a member of.
- You will see a Join button beside the Subscribe button on their channel.
- Click on the Join button and you will see a pop-up of the channel membership information.
- Channel membership information includes perks, price, loyalty badges, etc.
- Click on the Join button and you will be redirected to complete the purchase.
- Enter your card information if you haven’t already and click on the Buy button.
- And you’re done! You will be able to watch all of their videos that are especially for members.
So now you are aware of how to watch deleted YouTube videos. So go and enjoy watching your favorite videos from your favorite YouTubers without losing them forever. If you have any queries regarding this article, comment below and let us know.